A beautiful, radiant smile can change the way others see you and the way you feel about yourself. If your smile isn’t all you would like it to be, professional teeth whitening at Elgin Family Dental is an effective treatment that can transform a dull smile and give it a fresh new sparkle.
Why Your Smile Fades over Time
It’s not uncommon for your smile to start to fade as the years go by, but many things affect the whiteness of your teeth:
- Genetics – Some people are simply born with whiter teeth than others.
- Inconsistent oral hygiene – If you aren’t brushing and flossing routinely, you put your oral health at risk, and you will also notice yellow stains that build up on your teeth.
- Tobacco use – If you are a smoker, there’s just no way to maintain a bright, white smile. Professional whitening can help in the short term, but quitting is the best solution if you’re tired of a stained smile.
- Staining foods and beverages – Coffee, dark tea, red wine, dark berries, and tomato sauce can all deposit staining pigments on your teeth leaving them looking dark and discolored.
Customized Take-Home Whitening Kits
While in-office whitening is still a good solution when you’re on a tight timeline, many of our patients prefer take-home teeth whitening kits. They are convenient because you can use them at your own pace, and they produce better results because you whiten your teeth daily over a two-week period.
The process for customizing your kit is done in a few simple steps:
- We take impressions of your teeth
- We select an appropriate shade using our shade guide
- We create models of your teeth
- The models are used to customize your trays
- Customized trays provide a snug fit
- We give you the trays and prescription strength-whitening gel
- Use gel with trays and wear at home one to two hours per day for two weeks
- Check the final results using the shade guide
- Use remaining gel to touch up at home as necessary.
With either type of treatment, you will see more dramatic results than you would with store-bought whitening kits. One big difference is that your treatment is done under our supervision, and our doctors can prescribe a stronger whitener than you get with an over-the-counter kit.
Please Call to Arrange an Appointment
A beautiful smile is the first thing people notice about you, and the results you achieve with professional teeth whitening makes your smile the one that people remember.
We always recommend a dental cleaning before whitening to provide the most consistent, reliable results. If you are ready for a brighter, more youthful looking smile, please call and ask about teeth whitening at Elgin Family Dental.